Saturday, October 5, 2013

My Favorite Halloween Stories as the "Storytelling Witch"

This is me, the "Storytelling Witch" for Trunk or Treat (one of my favorite times of year)


For the past four years I have had the opportunity to be a witch.  Not just any Halloween witch for a fun event, I get to be the "Storytelling Witch".  What started as just an extra story room activity has now evolved into a time when I get to share some of my absolute favorite picture books with a variety of age groups.  It is always fun to see what the kids ask for out of my collection year after year. Some even come back to see me with clear expectations. I must not be too scary of a witch! 

I am always looking for fun books to share with them and parents ask me for ideas this time of year.  Here is a list of books that I love for the Halloween and/or fall season.

The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything, by Linda D. Williams, Illustrations by Megan Lloyd

Room on the Broom, by Julia Donaldson, Illustrations by Axel Schiffer

Froggy's Halloween, by Jonathan London, Illustrations by Frank Remkiewics

Clifford's First Halloween, by Norman Bridwell

The Witches, by Roald Dahl, Illustrations by Quentin Blake

It's Halloween!, by Jack Prelutsky, Illustrations by Marylin Hafner

The Hallo-Wiener, by Dav Pilkey

Too Many Pumpkins, by Linda White, Illustrated by Megan Lloyd

Five Little Pumpkins, by Dan Yaccarino

Sheep Trick or Treat, by Nancy E. Shaw, Illustrations by Margot Apple

There are so many more books out there that I love, but these are some of my tried and true.  Happy Reading! And Happy Halloween!



1 comment: